Saturday, January 28, 2012

Good News! Placenta on the move...

Okay so it's been awhile since I posted an update. Aside from having a really bad cold right now, things are doing alright. I've had zero spotting.

The good news is, I went to my ultrasound and the next day the nurse called me to say that my placenta is moving. However, they didn't take measurements or anything. It was really hard to get a good look because the baby's head is in the way.

On that note, she was already in birthing position as of 27 weeks. That's quite early to be in that position. Her head was so low into my pelvis that they had to push her up in order to do a trans-vaginal scan. But everything else seemed okay.

I've gained a couple more pounds and am at my pre-pregnancy weight officially. Some of it is water weight and it comes and goes, but I'm gaining at a healthy ratio now. Over the next few weeks I should gain quite a bit of weight. I may not. But at least being at this mark, I will most certainly gain at least the minimum 8 pounds required for a women who started off over 20lbs overweight.

So the movement of the placenta means they're ruling out the more dangerous of complications, accreta. At 29 1/2 weeks, if I were to go into premature labor, there would likely be few complications to the baby. Me on the other hand, until total resolution, bleeding may still be a risk. Still, I'm relieved that the baby's chances have improved and that accreta is ruled out.

If the placenta moves enough out of the way in the next 10 weeks, then I won't need to have a C-Section. I'm rooting for a natural birth so go team peanut.

Otherwise, I'm still taking it easy. I missed my last OB appointment because I was sick. And so I spoke to a covering doctor just to get some lab results but I still have to wait until my next appointment to really get the scoop.

My next appointment is February 7th. So I'll keep you all posted :)

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo. Glad it's getting better ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news mama. Still just take it easy..Love ya <3 Toni

      Delete

Announcement: If you've returned to see your comment missing, it's because I've recently uninstalled the Intense Debatable widget due to it's incompatibility with Internet Explorer. You're comments were received, read and appreciated. I hope this minor technical change doesn't deter you from commenting in the future and thank you for following my blog. Your support is valuable to me.