Saturday, January 28, 2012

Update: 29.5 Weeks

  • Baby is about 15 inches long and weight around 2.5 lbs.
  • She can now respond to pain and show obvious pleasure. When I eat something sweet, it may influence the flavor of the fluid she's swallowing. So she may swallow more or grin.
  • Her eyes can move around in their sockets and she may be able to follow a light pointed at my belly. No pointing one of those dot things at me.
  • Her feet are over 2 inches long.
  • Hair on the head can grow and if she's going to have pre-birth hair, it can be clearly visible, textured and colored.
  • She can dream while she's sleeping and brainwave scans show REM sleep.
  • By the end of the week, she should be able to breath air with little assistance. If born this week, there is over a 90% chance of survival; although complications could still occur, they grow less likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Announcement: If you've returned to see your comment missing, it's because I've recently uninstalled the Intense Debatable widget due to it's incompatibility with Internet Explorer. You're comments were received, read and appreciated. I hope this minor technical change doesn't deter you from commenting in the future and thank you for following my blog. Your support is valuable to me.