Friday, January 6, 2012

Update: 26 Weeks

Aloha!
  • This is the last week of the second trimester. Next week marks the beginning of the third and final trimester. 13 weeks to go from here.
  • Baby measures around 14 inches, weighs between 1.75 and 2 pounds and is about the size of a small pinapple. (So that's why my back hurts.)
  • Her spine is becoming stronger, allowing her to extend her body and push against my internal organs, resulting in all kinds of fun pains in my kidneys, bladder and occasionally making me almost pee myself. #TMI
  • Her feet are formed, around 2 inches long and have toe prints. 
  • The eyes are developed now and can partially open and perceive light more clearly than before with eyes closed. Shining a flashlight on my belly may make her move around. This may also make my foot move around to your behind. :)
  • Brain wave patterns resemble those of a full term baby at birth. That means she is already determining if you're a douchebag and/or moron.
  • The fetus makes breathing movements, but there is no air in the lungs yet - duh. But it's cute none the less.
  • The fetal brain scan will show response to touch. Touching and playing with the baby is possible now, as they may respond to your touch through your belly wall. First person to tickle me loses a finger.

What 26 weeks pregnant looks like inside. It's cool. I don't need my internal organs that much anyway ;)

Preemie born around 26 weeks! Awez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Announcement: If you've returned to see your comment missing, it's because I've recently uninstalled the Intense Debatable widget due to it's incompatibility with Internet Explorer. You're comments were received, read and appreciated. I hope this minor technical change doesn't deter you from commenting in the future and thank you for following my blog. Your support is valuable to me.