Friday, November 18, 2011

Boredom Busters: Best Rest Activities

I have to admit to myself that I'm a very active person and burdened by what my body needs me to do right now. Simultaneously, I'm all about making sure things go well. I'm going to need to find things to do in my house, preferably laying or sitting down. I'm not officially on 'bed rest', only 'restricted activity.' But listening to my body lately, I need to chill the heck out more often.

This is a running list (may be edited in the future) of ideas of things to do on bed rest. Awe, running... I miss running. Anyhow, here we go:
  • Get into reading a book series or author. Any suggestions?
  • Learn a new language. Get tapes, books, DVD's or use online lessons.
  • Take an online class or open-course.
  • Write stories, poetry, keep a journal or blog.
  • Kindle :)
  • Best rest exercise/yoga
  • Watch TV and movies, DVD's and/or subscribe to a streaming service
  • Play video games, X-Box, PSP, etc.
  • Make scrapbooks by hand or online using a printing service
  • Christmas shop online or start birthday shopping in advance.
  • Clip coupons and prepare shopping lists
  • Spell check your blog... ummmmmmmmmmm lol
  • Do puzzles (crosswords, sodoku, word-search)
  • Play cards/solitaire (with real cards lol)
  • Start beading something, jewelry, gifts or post-partum swag
  • Make a quilt
  • Organize the laptop files, update address book, delete spam, etc.
  • Surf the internet aimlessly
  • Social network (Facebook, etc.) or find lost relatives
  • Play online or Facebook games
  • Do online surveys for money
  • Start a web based business
  • Design websites
  • Draw or do graphic design, sketch portraits
  • Sew on a mini-machine or by hand (make mittens, booties, etc.)
  • Do a variety of arts and crafts
  • Knit or crochet stuff
  • Make friendship bracelets
  • Do some cross stitch or needlepoint
  • Groom endlessly: e.g. paint and re-paint nails
  • Play with make up and hairstyles
  • Count blessings
Add any suggestions you have in a comment.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Announcement: If you've returned to see your comment missing, it's because I've recently uninstalled the Intense Debatable widget due to it's incompatibility with Internet Explorer. You're comments were received, read and appreciated. I hope this minor technical change doesn't deter you from commenting in the future and thank you for following my blog. Your support is valuable to me.