Friday, November 18, 2011

Explaining CPP and Pelvic Rest To A Man

Figure 1. Game Over



Ever since my diagnosis, I've been doing research on it. Good sources of information and experience often come from reading blogs and support forums. Something that comes up frequently as a concern among females with this condition is explaining the seriousness of the situation to their partner. Fortunately for me, everyone I've spoken to about it has been very understanding. But not everyone has such a compassionate social system.

When all else fails, the best route of communicating the circumstances is bluntly. Being the cold wench I can be, In support of my fellow females, I offer the following fear inducing statements (creative commons free for all):

1. If I have sex, I will bleed. Blood is gross.


2. If I have sex, the baby might die and you will feel guilty forever.


3. If I have sex, I might die and you will have to raise all these children ALONE.

If that doesn't deter your partner, get a restraining order.

The fact is, UNDENIABLY, the condition and it's requirements are HARDER on us than on anyone else. Constant anxiety, depression, stress along with often having to continue risking physical safety because life goes on -- not fun at all. And then to add insult to injury, no sex... Not even no sex, no orgasm whatsoever. Indeed it's a test of personal fortitude.

I hate to steal yet another image, but I couldn't possibly frame this better than Julie.

Figure 2. Shamefully borrowed without permission
from Little Pregnant Blog, only because it's perfect.

Related Interesting Read: Bedrest, A Guys Perspective @ Sidelines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Announcement: If you've returned to see your comment missing, it's because I've recently uninstalled the Intense Debatable widget due to it's incompatibility with Internet Explorer. You're comments were received, read and appreciated. I hope this minor technical change doesn't deter you from commenting in the future and thank you for following my blog. Your support is valuable to me.