Monday, November 14, 2011

What an excellent day for an exorcism.

Joseph has been sick, on and off, since October 18th. First he had a bad cold and then he had a major ear infection. He seemed to be doing well for a few days until he woke up this morning looking like this:

Hi mom!

Something is going around. Two others that attended my nephew's party this weekend got sick too. Joseph's doctor said it's a 24 hour stomach virus (Norovirus). But it feels like forever to me. This is me right now...

FML

What a week to be diagnosed with this CPP thing. Today alone I chased after a miserable toddler (who never had repeat vomiting before so was terrified), bending, lifting, chasing, bathing, started 3 loads of laundry then had to walk him a mile to the doctor to get a prescription for electrolytes. Nature is playing a cruel joke right now. And I haven't even begun the "big disinfect" spree that must occur when he feels better. Halfway to the pharmacy I got cramping enough to have to sit down. Then I realized, my kid cannot get sick for the rest of my pregnancy.


And meanwhile, back in reality...

This changes things. A dear friend of mine offered to take Joseph out this weekend. We will probably cancel considering I won't be sure if he's contagious. But despite his bloodwork being clear for any immune deficiency, this kid catches a cold making eye contact.

Being a supermom (not), I have no idea how to respond to a sick person while simultaneously not moving abruptly. Is that even possible? I wish there were some advice somewhere on the subject. Actually, I wish I had telekinesis... I'm dumbstruck. Now I'm just hoping I didn't contract it. I guess I will find out in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Announcement: If you've returned to see your comment missing, it's because I've recently uninstalled the Intense Debatable widget due to it's incompatibility with Internet Explorer. You're comments were received, read and appreciated. I hope this minor technical change doesn't deter you from commenting in the future and thank you for following my blog. Your support is valuable to me.