Saturday, November 19, 2011

Exercise On Bed Rest?


I weighed myself today because my midsection is growing and I've noticed some weight redistribution. Most annoying of this redistribution, my booty is looking kind of um, not there. After I was done crying, I reassured myself that my butt is a muscle that I can rebuild to all its glorious splendor post-delivery (and OH I WILL!!!) But it get's me worried of a greater issue, ongoing muscle atrophy.

Building new muscle and bone at my age is an extremely difficult task. I do have my secret post-partum celebrity body sculpting tactics. But I really don't want to lose my curves. I lost a bunch of weight in the first trimester, probably due to actually eating healthier (+morning sickness). My doctor said it was fine since I was overweight to begin with, 30lbs overweight (in all the right places).

I was told I really only need to gain 8-15 lbs. I was excited. That is not a problem. But now with CPP, even if it clears, by 10 weeks on restricted activity, I'm going to get frumpy if I don't do anything. So Tuesday when I talk to my doctor I'm going to ask about exercise.

In the meantime, I checked out a bunch of blogs on the subject of Bed Rest, Pelvic Rest, placenta previa and exercise. Most agree that Pelvic Rest and Bed Rest are very different. Restricted activity puts me closer to the Bed Rest group. Even if I am taken off restricted activity, due to undiagnosed weird pain episodes, I'll err on the side of caution unless the placenta moves.

"Move Bitch, Get Out The Way!"

Still, I want to be prepare for the green light ;) So I've been researching videos and articles with appropriate exercise instruction. Here is something I found:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Announcement: If you've returned to see your comment missing, it's because I've recently uninstalled the Intense Debatable widget due to it's incompatibility with Internet Explorer. You're comments were received, read and appreciated. I hope this minor technical change doesn't deter you from commenting in the future and thank you for following my blog. Your support is valuable to me.