Friday, November 18, 2011

Haemophobia: The Irrational Fear Of Red Kool-aid

***shiver***

Another funny blog tidbit, this time from Nea over at Happily Every Laughter. This was hysterical. I don't know why poking fun at the situation brings some relief but it does. This is a difficult diagnosis, especially when there is no known real cause but two potential victims. As Nea puts it, "I wish they would just say they don't know and it's the luck of the draw. Because it would help a million during the lonely times that you want to curl in a ball as you watch all the other pregnant ladies doing stuff like.... walking."

My placenta is hanging out with who and where?

For me, the major anxiety is I never bleed mildly. I can't help but reflect on the last time I was at the ER, due to spotting, and they put in an IV. They had to clear the pipes twice. And when I got home, my shirt and coat was completely ruined at the site of the IV, followed by a painful six inch bruise on my arm. I dread bleeding and I'm totally traumatized by my first pregnancy's hemorrhage experience. I can't even drink Red Kool-Aid, Red Gatoraid, Hawaiian Punch or red liquid without closing my eyes. Yeah, it's that psycho.


Norman 8/4/94, 6 lbs 2 oz.

Luckily I found another blog which offered my daily dose of assurance. Ann at Dou-la-la had a complete previa that resolved by term. She also used acupuncture. And her sarcasm is hilarious... "Yes, that's right, I was on order to have nothing in my vagina, nothing, not even the gloved fingers of a conventional medical professional . . . unless it was a big expensive medical dildo-like medical instrument. THAT was fine." LOL.

So I guess perspective is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Announcement: If you've returned to see your comment missing, it's because I've recently uninstalled the Intense Debatable widget due to it's incompatibility with Internet Explorer. You're comments were received, read and appreciated. I hope this minor technical change doesn't deter you from commenting in the future and thank you for following my blog. Your support is valuable to me.