Thursday, November 24, 2011

Update: 20 Weeks: Half Baked! Happy Thanksgiving


  20 WEEKS ~ HALF WAY POINT 

  • Baby is around 10 inches long (head to foot) and weighs about 10 1/2 ounces.
  • She can hear sound now and will become startled and cover ears with hands if a loud or abrupt sound is made. She can dislike whack Hip Hop.
  • She should already know familiar voices and sounds and will start to memorize and become familiar other sounds like music. Now when people talk to the belly, she can actually hear the conversation. People who talk to the belly are no longer crazy at this point.
  • She's starting to remember things and understand herself and surroundings, like her own hands and feet and may have a special place and position to sleep or play, suck her thumb on purpose or pick her nose.
  • Her hands and toes are growing nails and her hair is growing rapidly. Mini eyelashes are done forming. Knowing my genetics, vanity is starting to form.
  • At this point the baby is in accurate proporation and by the end of the week will look like a real minature infant.

Preemie born around 20 weeks.
Today is Thanksgiving and I just wanted to give a warm hug and show love to those who have been following my progress, have offerred support and made time for me. I'd also like to thank those of you who visit this blog, leave comments and have contacted me. It's all so meaningful to me, right now especially. I'm deeply thankful for the people who care, my children included and this opportunity and journey.

Happy Thanksgiving
140 days to go!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it 1/2 way! I'm so excited for that point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsay! Just taking it day by day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Announcement: If you've returned to see your comment missing, it's because I've recently uninstalled the Intense Debatable widget due to it's incompatibility with Internet Explorer. You're comments were received, read and appreciated. I hope this minor technical change doesn't deter you from commenting in the future and thank you for following my blog. Your support is valuable to me.