Saturday, December 24, 2011

Next Ultrasound Scheduled For 1/12/2012

I haven't been blogging much due to the Thanksgiving -> Christmas holiday cramming. Despite my condition, I've realized that taking it easy this time of year is nearly impossible. The upside is, I've felt great and since my doctor said I don't have to be on strict bed rest, I did manage to get a lot done anyway.

So I had an appointment this past Wednesday. Everything was routine and quick. I did gain another .5 lb and the other 2 I previously gained haven't budged. This was great news to me although now I'm thinking that since I'm gaining, I should probably watch it. My glucose screening will be next week. I tend to tango dangerously close to diabetes. So I'm going to try to go easy on the cookies -- starting after Christmas ;)

All the baby's vitals appear to be fine. My next ultrasound is scheduled for 1/12/2012 where they'll check on the previa and baby's growth. I'm hoping for some progress.

This week marks a very important one in women with previa. At 24 weeks the baby/fetus is considered viable. So that means if she was born now, she has a really good chance of survival with intensive care. The longer she bakes the better still, it's assuring to know that the risk of loss is dropping.

 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Announcement: If you've returned to see your comment missing, it's because I've recently uninstalled the Intense Debatable widget due to it's incompatibility with Internet Explorer. You're comments were received, read and appreciated. I hope this minor technical change doesn't deter you from commenting in the future and thank you for following my blog. Your support is valuable to me.