Thursday, December 29, 2011

Update: 25 Weeks

Only 14 more weeks to go (hopefully all 14 of them).

  • Baby is 13.5 inches long and weighs about 1.5 lbs.
  • She can make a fist intentionally now, and grasping reflexes are improving. This is to kick major butt if anyone messes with her.
  • Blood vessels in the lungs develop which bring oxygen to the lungs. This will be helpful for, um... well, breathing air.
  • Structures of the spine begin forming: rings, joints and ligaments.
  • Her brain is growing rapidly in layers so she'll be smarter than everyone else, except me. ;)
  • She should start flipping over into birthing position soon.
  • You can hear her heartbeat by placing your head on my belly, no stethoscope needed. That's not an invitation to do it.
  • Chances of survival if born now are upward of 50% with only a 25% or less chance of disability.
 
    Preemie Born at 25 weeks

    3 comments:

    1. I dont Like Seeing Preemies.. makes me sad :(

      ReplyDelete
    2. Me too but at the same time, it's a reminder for me and others with the condition that early babies can thrive. I've been getting a lot of random google hits. So maybe some looky loos read it :) Overall it's sort of FUBAR but I feel blessed and lucky to get this far and that the chances of it going down dramatic are moving along.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Me too but at the same time, it's a reminder for me and others with the condition that early babies can thrive. I've been getting a lot of random google hits. So maybe some looky loos read it :) Overall it's sort of FUBAR but I feel blessed and lucky to get this far and that the chances of it going down dramatic are moving along.

      ReplyDelete

    Announcement: If you've returned to see your comment missing, it's because I've recently uninstalled the Intense Debatable widget due to it's incompatibility with Internet Explorer. You're comments were received, read and appreciated. I hope this minor technical change doesn't deter you from commenting in the future and thank you for following my blog. Your support is valuable to me.