Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanks Nanna!

I have to give a big shout out to my mother who came by on Monday and Tuesday to hang out with Joseph. On Monday she arrived at 9 a.m. and took him to the park to play for nearly 3 hours. He came back covered head to toe in dirt and sand. He had so much fun. He came in the house with this expression on his face...

Not actually Joseph

His excitement stimulated a similar feeling in me. It looked something like this:


I am a germaphobe

I haven't taken Joseph out much in the past few weeks; at least, not to "play" (via Parks, climbing things, things inevitably resulting in my somehow getting kicked or stepped on.) It was nice to see him come in from having such a great time. He went for a nap after lunch and slept 4 hours. I went out and got some Christmas Shopping done which I do appreciate, but I was up all night, since he woke around 6pm and stayed up until past midnight...


Looks innocent enough eh?

On Tuesday morning she took him out again after his teacher left. This time they went to a different park and then went to her house. I had planned to be productive, but instead I went to sleep. That was good too though, because I needed it (after staying up with him all night lmao). I had a second wind when I went to get him. He was exhausted and fell asleep on the way home. I ended up detouring for more shopping.


What?! I bought presents for other people, I swear *crosses fingers*

Today is a rainy Wesnesday. He woke up this morning RIPPING AND READY TO GO. Me on the other hand, I had planned to go to the mall and took one trip out to the corner store only to turn back around. Lol. Yeah, um, not.

Still, I'm super-grateful he got those 2 days to have fun. He was so calm today and didn't even have a meltdown when I told him the new plan for the day was staying in and watching movies. The mall will have to wait. I think tonight we'll also make Nanna some cookies to say thank you for all the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Announcement: If you've returned to see your comment missing, it's because I've recently uninstalled the Intense Debatable widget due to it's incompatibility with Internet Explorer. You're comments were received, read and appreciated. I hope this minor technical change doesn't deter you from commenting in the future and thank you for following my blog. Your support is valuable to me.