Thursday, December 8, 2011

Update: 22 Weeks (entering month 6!) ~ Good News! I gained almost 2 lbs!

 ~~***~ ENTERING MONTH SIX ~***~~
  • Baby is about 11 inches long (head to heel) and weighs about 1 pound.
  • Her eyes are fully formed but they don't have any color yet. I'm hoping they turn gray like Joseph's :) Her hair is growing in but also lacks pigment. Right now it is white.
  • Her kicks, punches and movement is strong enough for other people to feel when touching the belly. That's not an invitation to touch my belly. Lmao.
  • Her eyebrows are visible on a 3d ultrasound.
  • She has a developed brain that will start to begin to develop folds (brain wrinkles) as she collects information through her senses.
  • Her sense of touch is progressing so rapidly right now that her reflexes, including grasp and sucking are becoming more instinctual.
  • She knows the difference between light and dark and shining a flashlight on my belly may make her move. That's not an invitation to shine a flashlight on my belly.
Preemie born around 22 weeks.
In MOMMY news, I have gained almost 2 pounds!!! That is great news because baby growing can really help my condition. Prior to this week, I've been struggling against weight loss. I'm presently just under my pre-pregnancy weight. Let's hope it's not just water retention. *crossing fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Announcement: If you've returned to see your comment missing, it's because I've recently uninstalled the Intense Debatable widget due to it's incompatibility with Internet Explorer. You're comments were received, read and appreciated. I hope this minor technical change doesn't deter you from commenting in the future and thank you for following my blog. Your support is valuable to me.